Sunday, May 10, 2009

Music with fashion

We all love music, fashion, movie games well I guess I can say the general population does but what I wanted to know is does music really affect fashion and the way we dress. Through the years music is what motivates us people and also gives us feelings that we can share to other people as well as just remember some one just because of the lyrics of the song or the beat to it. Music is everywhere around us and its also everywhere we go in our cars, house, elevators, malls just about anywhere. Fashion, personally I like fashion cause its always really cool when we see someone dress a different way then others that we think is weird then in a week a too that’s the clothes we would also wear. I see people dress just like the music videos of pop rock or country or any other genre. Music has influence me in a way that I dress because I tell myself that this looks good and so I wear it and it matches on what club I go to what type of music I will be surrounded by, so it does have an effect on me. Back when my dad was in high school he dressed a totally different way then I dress right now and I told him why? Then he said because in the 60’s and 70’s people loved The Beatles so much that they would try to look like them. So my dad used to try to be like the Beatles as well. My dad is just one example of how music has change fashion but my mom as well. My mom loves to dance and more specific loves salsa dance. Most of the time she still dresses like a salsa dancer and loves salsa music so she dresses like one. Today we all can see how music has changed our fashion just by looking at the rocker fashion with the ears pierce and the long hair with skull T-shirts. Or the rapper type fashion with long shirts and NY caps. Music and fashion do collide and make us how we dress.

1 comment:

  1. Music definitely has a huge impact on us as a society. I myself love listening to music all the time. Music is something that will never go out of style, unlike some fashions. There are some fads that I was a part of back in the 90's that I can't believe I wore some of those clothes looking back now.

    ReplyDelete