Friday, April 24, 2009

Anime


Hey, hey wazzup everybody I have decided to change my Horror Movie topic to something more Happy and Colorful. Therefore, instead of the scary frightening horror monsters I always talked about, now I am going to tell you about the best Anime cartoon story of all time. No, it is not Pokémon but its called Digimon. When I was a kid, I was always excited that Saturday was right around the corner. I still remember that Digimon would come out at 10 A.M and I would always be ready for that time. Digimon is a Japanese Anime that was turned to English. There are now 5 series of Digimon now and about 9 movies of them. I have only seen only the first two series and that is how far I have gotten. Digimon first aired in Japan on March 7, 1999 then it aired in the United States on August 14, 1999. From 1998 to 2001 were the best years of anime with Pokémon and Digimon being the best on the top ten lists. In Season, one it is all begins with 7 great kids in summer camp being chosen to be the Digi Destine. From that point on they go through many obstacles and evil monsters trying to destroy them. The Digimon evolve or transform to greater and stronger Digimon to conquer their enemies. They can only Digivolve with their partner they are with and so on. Digimon has created so much money for television in America. Season 5 started on April 2, 2006 and I was to busy to keep up with the story. When I tell someone about what is a Digimon, most of the time they will know what I am talking about. Digimon has many other promotions like toys, comics, and what I used to collect as a kid called Digimon cards.

2 comments:

  1. I used to watch Digimon when I was little as well. I can also remember waking up on Saturday mornings so I could catch the latest episode. My brothers were too old for the show at that time so I had to fight to watch it. For some reason, Digimon seemed so much cooler that Pokemon even though they were essentially the same. I only watched the beginning of the series and I guess I didn't even know that they went on to make more. Digimon will always be one of my childhood favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Jesse. I could probably still sing the Digimon theme song if someone asked me to. This was an awesome show and I watched it every weekend. This show was better than Pokemon by far, because they actually spoke and didn't just say their "names". The quality of the artwork in the cartoon itself was much better than Pokemon…not to mention the better storyline. I can't believe they're on season 5 and have 9 movies out! I wonder what the show has turned into. Unfortunately, I didn't get to collect any of the cards, but I wore my Digimon T-shirt proudly.

    ReplyDelete